The following events will take place at Oatlands Historic House and Gardens in December:
- The Four Seasons of Oatlands Art Show & Sale featuring small works of art will be held Nov. 30-Dec. 30. The art show will be held in the Carriage House from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1-5 p.m. on Sundays. This event is free and open to the public.
- The annual Christmas at Oatlands tours will be held Dec. 1-30. Each room of the 1804 Oatlands mansion is sparkling with unique decorations. This year’s theme is “Books at Oatlands: Pages from the Past.” The holiday décor is inspired by a variety of books at Oatlands that include: Oatlands’ collection of Colonial-era books, written works published by Edith Eustis and Morton Eustis, traditional holiday books and the writing life. Thirty-minute tours are held on the hour and half-hour, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday and from 1-4 p.m. on Sundays. The last tour of each day begins at 4 p.m. Tours are $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $8 for children 6-16. Children 5 years old and younger are free.
- Oatlands Head Gardener Mark Schroeter will hold a wreath-making workshop Dec. 7 and Dec. 9 at 11 a.m. in the Emmet House. This informative session will help you create a beautiful wreath just in time for the holidays. This event is $35 per person and includes wreath-making supplies. Space is limited. Advance registration is required. Call Mark Schroeter at 703-777-3174 to register or for additional information.
- Oatlands will host candlelight tours on Dec. 10, 11, 17 and 18 from 6-8 p.m. Guests will have a chance to enjoy a special evening self-guided tour through the mansion, sparkling with Christmas lights. Final admission is at 8 p.m. Candlelight tours are $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $8 for children 6-16. Admission is free for Friends of Oatlands and children under age 6.
- On Dec. 16 at 7 p.m. and Dec. 17 at 4:30 p.m., The Pickwick Players will perform a variety of Christmas vignettes and sing Christmas music in the historic Carriage House at Oatlands. This fun and exciting holiday concert is suitable for children of all ages. Tickets for The Pickwick Players’ Holiday Concert are $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 2-12.
- Afternoon tea at Oatlands continues throughout the holiday season. Holiday teas will be served Dec. 1-Dec. 30 on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (except Dec. 24 and 25). Tea will be held from 1-3 p.m. in the historic Carriage House. Attire for tea is casual. Tea includes assorted sandwiches, scones and delicious sweets and Oatlands’ special afternoon tea blend. Oatlands’ special tea blend is available for purchase in the gift shop. Teas require advance reservation and purchase. Teas are $29.95 plus tax per person ages 3 and up. To make a reservation, please call 703-777-3174. Additional information is available at oatlands.org.
Please call 703-777-3174 or visit oatlands.org for additional information and a full schedule of events.
Oatlands Historic House
20850 Oatlands Plantation Ln.
Leesburg, VA 20175
Directions: From Washington, D.C., take the Dulles Toll Road (Route 267) west to exit 1A in Leesburg and follow signs for Route 15 south. Travel 6 miles south on Route 15 to Oatlands on the left.
About Oatlands Historic House and Gardens
Oatlands is a self-supporting National Trust Historic Site and National Historic Landmark. Comprised of more than 414 acres, the site features a stunning landscape with magnificent formal terraced gardens, an 1804 mansion and 19th century brick dependencies, including the Oatlands greenhouse, the second oldest greenhouse in the nation. Oatlands is located 6 miles south of the town of Leesburg on Route 15.
Oatlands will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The property closes for the winter season beginning Dec. 30.